Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper.
Gold vermeil is sterling silver that has been gold-plated.
- To give our jewellery the desired aesthetic and finish, all our jewellery would undergo electroplating.
For yellow - Yellow Gold
For white - Rhodium
For pink - Rose Gold
- This process also usually grant the jewellery more resistance against tarnishing, which means the jewellery will retained its polished surface for a longer time.
- The electroplated surfaces will definitely get worn off over time due to wear and tear. However, with proper care, your jewellery will retain its beauty for years to come.
- In the eventuality when the plating do get worn off, re-plating services are quick, inexpensive and readily available from most jewellers.
Caring for your jewellery means knowing...
- When to wear them - Avoid wearing when washing hands, showering, applying lotion, using harsh cleaning supplies, doing any manual labour or strenuous physical activities.
- How to clean them - Buff gently with a soft and dry 100% cotton cloth or a microfiber cloth. Do not use jewelry cleaner on gold vermeil jewelry.
- How to store them - Each piece should be stored individually in its own case, pouch, or compartment, to prevent scratches.